Participant Safety During COVID-19
As we welcome participants to our research sites, we understand you may feel anxious about being exposed to COVID-19. You can trust that our research staff and audiologists are taking all the necessary measures to protect your health and safety.
These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Universal Masking: everyone is required to wear a face covering or mask while they are in the clinic.
- Temperature and Symptom Screening: you are encouraged to take your temperature at your home before leaving to come to your appointment. All individuals displaying any signs or symptoms — such as fever (100 F or higher), cough, and/or shortness of breath— will be asked to reschedule their visit.
- Physical Distancing: you must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other individuals unless they are giving direct care to you during the study.
- Infection Control: all clinical care areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after every patient encounter. Our team has increased the frequency of the rigorous and routine cleaning of our building and clinic, including elevators, bathrooms, waiting areas, and research rooms.
- Vaccination: all of our audiologists have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Keeping you healthy and safe is our priority.
Learn more about the specific measures in place at each of the P-CHAT research sites to help avoid the spread of infection.